How can we improve the New Windows App?

bring back the simple option to connect to fastest available server for purpose!

It seems FAR harder to use now, given a specific country must be chosen where before we could simply pick 'connect to fastest'.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

J W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminNorman (Manager Support, PureVPN.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your patience, It is to inform we have optimize the fastest server selection option behind every server, so once you try to connect, you will automatically get connected with the fastest server from your location. However you are advice to try OpenVPN or Ikev to get better speed.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Norman, if OpenVPN and IKEV are the fastest, then what is the purpose of the "Automatic" option (which has 5 lightning bolts indicating fastest speed and 5 shields indicating best security)?
        Also, I don't even see OpenVPN in the protocol list any more - should it be available in v5.19?

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this post. Now I have no idea what I'm connecting to. We need to see the latency.

• TIA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As new user, I also find getting connected VERY tedious/longWinded. Additionally, disconnect happens frequently and obviously *without* warning! Hey... I'm working and not looking at taskbar vpn icon color 24/7.

Feedback and Knowledge Base